Monday, July 24, 2006

We're Off On the Road to Pomona...

Almost! DH is going (I think) to take the kiddoes to swimming class so I don't have to take them on the long, boring (to them), hot drive to the L.A. County Fairgrounds tomorrow. I, myself, can listen to knitting podcasts and have a little time alone, even if it is in the car. And Star has way paid too much gas money!! Some of that will come back to you, dear! I didn't look in the box before we separated on Friday...

I will not bore you with further pictures of our fair entries. You will have to wait for the ribbon shots!

But here is a photo of the mitred blankie as of right now:



The more colors it has, the happier I am (and the better it flows, I think). It had too much green there for a minute, but I'm using more blue and purple now. I may very well be the only person in the world who likes this blanket but I will LOVE it!



DS (almost 5) has been playing with the digital camera quite a bit. Sometimes he gets some good shots, although he takes a lot of pictures of the TV. Here is his latest masterpiece:



Artsy, huh?








Today's good news is that our ex-co-Brownie leader who works for Comedy Central has wrangled my mom (also liberal) and me passes to THE DAILY SHOW!!!!!! So Mom and I will have a great road trip (probably by train) and fun, fun, fun! Wish I could meet Colbert (he's on my list!) as well, but I will manage to be completely starstruck by Jon, I'm sure. I am SO excited!!! I think these guys have really started the sea change that we are undergoing now. And Colbert broke the surface tension that was protecting the administration at the Correspondents Dinner. To his face! Unbelievable!! I will try my best to get Jon to sign DH's copy of "America: The Book" (which is signed already, but not with me standing there). Thank you SO MUCH, Sue!!

Hope you're all having fun and staying cool. Congratulations to Floyd Landis for an AMAZING race and to Star for an AMAZING spinalong!

7 Comments:

Blogger Brewer said...

You're not the only one who loves the blanket. I love it already, too! :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks, I'm really enjoying the process!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I am so jealous. Jon Stewart and the Daily Show. Let us know when you go. I love him and Colbert.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

We will be there August 22nd, I'm so excited!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Star said...

I love that blanket too! You should submit it to the fair next year! I also love Stewart and Colbert - that will be so much fun.

Thanks again for delivering my yarn! You rule!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Unfortunately, this blanket does have some commercial yarns in it, so it's out of the running. But I have been doing a shawl for a long while that is a similar idea. It's a log cabin sort of pattern, but I change yarns for each block. I've been slowly spinning yarns for it and am on the yarn for the last two panels with wool and silk drafted together. If I ever finish it, it might be next year's big entry...if I ever finish it...

You're so welcome, Star! It really turned out perfectly as there was NO traffic on the 210, even though the 10 was terrible going west (when I was going east). I was home by 11:30.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

I think the blankie is pretty. How big is it going to be?

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf