Friday, September 15, 2006

Here we go!!

I've joined a swap, I can't believe it! But it sounds so fun! It's the Spin-to-Knit swap at Interweave. I will send and receive handspun yarns and blog about them, fun, fun, fun!!

I also joined Socktoberfest and am planning to do Margene's Twisted Sisters Spinalong/Knitalong thing when she gets going. Hope I can do all that and still finish FIL's sweater in time...Socktoberfest is the only one that has to be done before Christmas, though. Should be a good motivator.

I got my Fall Spin-Off yesterday and it's okay. They have a plan for making yarns like Noro yarns with long color repeats by machine knitting blanks, dyeing them and unraveling for handknitting. It sounds okay, but, of course, no knitting machine.

I have my own plan for spinning Noro type yarns. More will be coming about this, as I think a sweater out of said yarns will be my fair project for next year. But this is what I think about when I'm falling asleep at night. 13 colors, 10 skeins, 2 pounds of wool, Cornelia Tuttle pattern all picked out.

Still no word on the yarns from the fair. And I'm not going till the 27th.

And although our film didn't win in L.A. (we didn't think it would) it did win in Sorrento!!! Woo-hoo!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyfossil said...

I went and looked at those Bayerische sox... wow... beautiful. I wouldn't blame you if you made up a pair. They look a little beyond me yet - I haven't mastered charts.

Congrats on winning the winnings that you and your film won!

It's a good thing the kids are on the same schedule now because you have a lot of KNITTING to do! Get back to work, girl!
xo,
Joy

5:36 PM  
Blogger Star said...

Congrats on the film!

I went to the fair and we all took 3rd! There were three of us who entered and 5 skeins hanging total. (I hope I didn't miss anything) I have a mediocre picture of your yarn hanging and then my camera had a battery issue. Sorry! I'll send you the pic later though. I thought you'd want to see.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

So, Star says 'we all took 3rd' does this mean WENDY got 3rd too? 3rd best spinner in LA is good! Or is Star 3rd best spinner? Either way, YAY!

Wehdy is going to WIN the spinning contest on spinning day, I just know it! Spin spin spin!

Yay all you spinners! I tried to learn (from Wendy) how to spin and I am not good at it. I just wanted it to be done so I could make it into sox. I am sock obsessed!

Yay for all weeeeeners!
xo,
Joy

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf