Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Promising Day

Our production company, Maxam Productions had its first American screening of our short film Ignotus this afternoon at the L.A. Shorts Fest. And I think it held up well against the other films. If you're interested in finding out about us, please go to the link. DH and I are on the Board, along with DH's business partner, Max Bartoli, and others, and are writing screenplays and such for production, it is very exciting!

On Friday, the film will be screened at the Washington, D.C. Film Festival, before it moves on to many more. It has already won awards (Best Short, Best Lead Actor, Best Costumes and Sets) at the Festival del Cinema Libero in Rome.

We are very proud of our little movie and hope that it will lead to bigger and better things very soon for all of us!!

Knitting wise, I finished the Seasilk Camisole in time, woo-hoo!!





And wore it to the screening today. It is a bit hot (mohair and silk) but was a good mix for a cool movie theater. I think it's lovely. I'm not sure that Alexandra intended it to be striped, but I was happy with the colors.

Here's a picture of the finished Fibonacci socks. I still have to weave in most of the ends (interminable) but it's too hot to wear them anyway.



Still plugging along at Rogue until I can buy the yarn for my FIL sweater. Next week should do it, as I am doing a nice freelance transcribing job this week (thanks, Treya!!!!)

Hope you're having a lovely day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Star said...

The camisole came out BEAUTIFUL! I love the stripes a LOT! Nice work on that and the socks and your film! What a good week ("in a promising day")

9:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks for the compliments! I'm a stripey kind of gal, what can I say. I'm sure I wouldn't have finished a solid color top in such a short time (11 days from pattern purchase to wearing). Whew!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

The camisole is, in person and in photos, a thing of exquisite beauty! I hope you got a snap of you wearing it - as I am sure the colors look smashing on you! Really, everybody, this is a beautiful creation!

Glad to hear the screening went well. Is DH in the movie or worked on it? I am unclear.

Why are they called Fibonacci sox? They sure are cute but I wonder if they have some highly technical mathematic based pattern or if the yarn is named Fibonacci (after the mathematician, which seems somewhat un knitterly and more eggheaded) or what?

I never told you about your DD on our fabulous beach excursion this weekend; Firstly, she did super well on the surfing. The girls all had a super-fantsticaly-amazing time all day. I sprayed your DD with sunscreen when we got there (although she insisted on doing it at lunch time). I hear she got a little burned. Thing is that I did too - and I sprayed me twice too. Maybe it's not strong enough for a day at the beach? I use the exact same kind, so I don't know. Anyhow,on the way back to the cars from the beach your DD was SO tired.. it was cute. She was not faking it, she could barely drag her little body down the path. I had to put my hand behind her and help her along. At one point, I thought she was going to pass out. I was about to scoop her up when Gracie fell and cut her knee. M made it to the spot, barely. She slid onto a bench and didn't move or speak. I carried her the few feet from the bench to the van and I swear she didn't make a sound for 15 minutes or so - till the tire went flat. She was pretty fine for the rest of the trip, I guess she just needed a few minutes. I have never seen a child that exhausted, not complaining, not whining, just like sleepwalking. She was good!

Talk to you later, gator,
xo,
Joy

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The camisole looks lovely - and, great socks!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

By the time DD got home, she was bouncy again, though! She had avoided going to the bathroom at the end (she must have been too tired) and really needed to do that. Said it was too far.

The Fibonacci socks are indeed mathematical. I used the 2-3-5 part of the Fibonacci sequence for my four colors of yarn so that the stripes look random but are in fact aesthetically pleasing. And like eight million ends to weave in. Next time, I spit splice.

I didn't get a photo of me in the sweater, too nervous. We didn't take any pictures at all at the screening, sillies. But next time...

5:36 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I love the Seasilk cami. Is that Noro? The fib socks look pretty cool too, but they need to be modeled to get the full effect! Cheers.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Camisole is Noro Sarubia (discontinued) 70% silk, 30% mohair. I had six skeins and used 5 and a bit.

Thanks!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf