Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Summer Vacation Post #3

I think we get back to real time after this one. I hope so, anyway! I'm brimming with prose these days and the production company project is very exciting right now.

While mom and I were having grown up day in New York, kids were at the Boardwalk with DGpa who babysat for EIGHT HOURS!! Congratulations!! I hardly ever make it that long without losing my mind!!



It turned out to be wristband day at the Boardwalk so they got all the rides they wanted, yay! DD got in a bit of trouble by hopping on a ride while DGpa was waiting for DS to get off the first one and he couldn't find her for a minute, but they worked it out. It's quite an adrenaline rush, though, isn't it?

After all of our adventures, we began to wind down. One more day at the spray park, one more time to the beach. One more meal at Richard's (every Friday night) and home again, home again, jiggity jig! We had a lovely time and it was over too soon. I just hope next time we get more time with my mom!

Two days after we arrived home, it was the first day of school and all was back to normal, well, normal for us. Busy, busy, busy. Second grade has a lot more homework (the first day!). DS got the same kindergarten teacher as DD had, wonderful! And DD loves her teacher, too. More on that later.

Hope you had a great time this summer, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

The park looks like fun. How does it feel to have child-free time now? Thank you for the adhesive tile feedback, that eases my mind quite a bit. Have a great day!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Here I go, towards my Lendrum, to spin my September roving and try to finish my silk camisole...if only I could stop blogsurfing...

You're gonna deserve a massage when you're done!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf