Sunday, September 10, 2006

Et tu, Mickey?

I don't quite know what to say about this. That 5 hours of propaganda will be broadcast not only in the United States but all over the world. That the administration that allowed almost 3000 people to die when they had ample warning has the temerity to blame the people who came before them. That the administration that has killed more Americans (in Iraq and by lying about the air quality at Ground Zero) than the terrorists themselves can make shit up, bill it as history, show it to our children and tarnish the memories of the victims and the brave people who tried to save them.

Disney is dead to me. I will no longer watch "Lost." I am blocking The Disney Channel and Toon Disney from my cable box. Nobody here watches ESPN.

The only act which could even remotely redeem this shameful broadcast would be to air an equal amount of time, commercial free, of documentary on 9-11. From people who were there. That's it. Not an apology, not a disclaimer, not a billion dollars to charity.

Tomorrow I will post about the terrorist attacks. Today I post once again about the Fall of the United States. Wish I didn't have to.

6 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

As someone who was very close to the situation five years ago, I refuse to read any news or commentary at all tomorrow. It is still entirely too painful. Oh, and the idea that people in my geographical area would be interested in a movie on the whole thing...get real.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, seems a little harsh, but I do understan what you're saying.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

Again I say, anyone who made even one thin dime on the backs of our grief should be ashamed of themselves... the director, the actors - anyone. It's not like they did it for free! For shame.

Don't be mad at me, but I watched part of it - mostly because DH wanted to and wouldn't put my Alias dvds on. Mostly it was boring. It was wordy, it was sort of shamelessly slanted. The part that annoyed me the most was when they showed Clinton repeating "I did not have @#$@#$ relations with that woman" to show that he was busy with something else at the time. My feeling on that is, and always has been that I didn't need to know about it - it was definately between Hillary and Bill. It was NOT national news. Frankly, if the Republican machine hadn't made such a big damn deal over it, then Clinton wouldn't have had to be thinking about it and not actual matters in the first place.

But anyhow, after a while it (the show) got so grindingly BORING that I went and took a shower... shortly after that DH gave up too - and he is a die hard news junkie (not that this was news but...).

My point is mostly that not only was it in poor taste, untrue and incredibly slanted but it was BAD TV.

I respect your choices. When a person feels strongly about something, they have the right to follow their convictions.
xo,
Joy

1:45 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Harsh, yes, and rightly so. I am so upset that someone that ought to be trustworthy has tried to completely dismantle our country. With lots of help.

Be safe!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Oh, Joy, I think I responded on the other thread, but...

I would never be mad at you for watching it. It's a free country, so far...

But the video I watched this morning made me cry and cry. See the link, if you can.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf