Thursday, December 21, 2006

Just a Post Before I Go

Going on vacation to parents and in-laws tomorrow morning. I may not have time to do this again. There are no pictures. Sorry!

FIL sweater sleeves have started to grow again. We are at 15.25 inches, going for 18. I am of two minds about this project. I am SO glad I started in September with plenty of wiggle room for cheating and all. But I wish it hadn't taken from September to December because I am bored, bored, bored. And there's no cheating for me any more. I'm lucky I won't see him till New Year's Eve, since it will probably be finished on...the day before. But I press on. I would have finished the sleeves except for the pesky other stuff I've had to do this week, yadda yadda. Yeah, you all have the same lists, I'm sure.

Did get all the baking done, all of the mailing done, most of the packing, almost none of the cleaning but DH let me off the hook. He's staying home, poor man, and cleaning the house for DD's birthday party 5 days after we get back.

In great but sadly photoless news, DD not only got a great report card a couple of weeks ago, but yesterday received the Principal's Award for Academics in her classroom!!! It took her almost all year to get one of these last year and here we are in December with a certificate and everything!!! And it's very inspiring for DS. Kindergarteners are not eligible, but he's ready for his next year. I'll bet he gets the award for citizenship pretty quickly. He's a VERY good boy.

So we are off. I won't have any pictures while I'm gone, but will be posting anyway, if anyone is keeping track.

Whatever holiday you celebrate (or not), have a wonderful season and be safe!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip. And, yes, I read you so I'll keep track ;)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Be careful on your trip and enjoy yourself! And why can't Kindergarteners get the Principal's Award? Hmmph.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy holidays! Read you refreshed in the new year ;-)

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to DD! :o) (I'm very impressed - around here not getting called to the Principal's office during a semester is a real accomplishment *g*)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf