Monday, December 18, 2006

What I have been doing vs. what I should be doing

Okay, I had to. My friend is about to pop and will have a C-section on Thursday if she doesn't go into labor before then. Which she sure looks like doing if you ask me, but we'll see. So I give you what I knit in the last two days:


I officially suck at embroidery. Should go to a class or something. But after a few tries, this is the face of Totoro, our very favorite Japanese animation character!

Yarn: Optim DK
Pattern: Hello Yarn

The yarn went a bit floppy after washing, but I have no more time to do it over. I was hoping to knit this on Christmas vacation (and she was hoping to have the baby after Christmas as well!). Isn't he cute? I'll admit he looks a bit quizzical, but there's no time to do the embroidery any more!

In other non-knitting pursuits, I give you Russian Teacakes (Snowball cookies to us plebes):

These are one of the six types of cookies I made this year and I am DONE, DONE, DONE! Now all I have to do is sort, package, wrap and mail. I also made 6 (more) cranberry breads. I have some secret stuff to make for DH, since he is staying home for Christmas, but since he's home all week, they won't stay secret (or uneaten) that long, I suspect.


And just so you know that I am being good (within reason) here is what's on my spinning wheel:
Yeah, I know. When I get back...
Have a lovely! Don't yell at the kids (that's a reminder for me)!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. B. said...

That hat is fantastic! And from here, the embroidery looks great.

Rock on with your progressive self!

3:52 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

totoro is adodable!
and all your baking is making me hungry ;-)

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable hat. I have no idea who Totoro is, but I the hat is good. I haven't had Russian tea cakes in years, those look so yummy! I baked all day yesterday and most of the Christmas baking is now done here too. Hooray! Hope you enjoy your last week before Christmas! Cheers.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

QT! I like it! I am not much for anime' but I think it is cute... I take it that the mom/dad is totally into that sort of thing? I mean why else would you make a gray baby hat, right? The things we parents do to our kids... heh heh. I bet the baby will look just adorable. (I admit to putting ears on baby Sarah too...)

cookies? cooooookies? I should drop by your house after school.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

They don't know the movie, as far as I know, but it is the all-time cutest, sweetest animated movie ever! So they will like it when I give them a copy of it (this afternoon!). It will be nice for the older kids to watch and a warm hat for the baby, who won't care about the gray. Besides, we don't know the gender.

Unfortunately, all of my cookies are spoken for, which does not please DH too much, either!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Love the Totoro hat! Must make one.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf