Saturday, December 23, 2006

Update!

The kids let me finish the sleeves on the airplane yesterday!!!!

Shoulder seams are sewn!! Button bands are picked up (by my 3/4 ratio). I didn't get as many stitches as they said, but who knows how many rows they were working with. I have found that the plans for this sweater are rather different from the results. Anyway, if I have to do it again, I will. But I think another 59 stitches would make the button band too long. I do have a six stitch discrepancy between the stitches on the right and those on the left. Will it matter? We'll know tomorrow...stay tuned.

I can't believe they let me knit on the plane!! Perhaps my dread of flying period is over and I will be happy and amused once more!!

Hope you had a great Xmas Eve Eve!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyfossil said...

Yay! What's left on the sweater?

I am in knitting limbo with Jill's sox - knit knit knit for three days now and I am STILL not quite at the heel flap..

Wish I had seen you before you left. I guess I'll see ya next year!

Did I tell you that my CMF yarn came? OH is it beeyoooo teee ful!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I need to knit the button bands, sew in the sleeves and sew the side seams. Buttons, wash and done! But I might have screwed up the picking up of the button bands (you can't tell till you've tried it) so wish me luck!

Glad to hear the yarn is beautiful and arrived safely!

See you soon!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf