Thursday, December 28, 2006

What's done is done

The FIL sweater is finished!!! And I must admit that it looks very nice. It is rather wide, rather long, but he's a bigger man than I am, Gunga Din. It has been washed and is ready to be wrapped and given, whew. I will take photos for posting on my return home.

So today I start the big poncho push (while kids are awake, which is like all the time; they are on California time plus Christmas or something. DD was up till midnight last night, ugh!) and then I can work on DS's Star Wars hat and my socks. Poncho should be quick if I get the bag out and carry it around for a couple of days.

Christmas was fun, although we miss DH terribly! Kids got a great haul. I received my Jumbo Plying Head AND Swift from my lovely Stepdad (Hi, D!) and can hardly wait to get to spinning some alpaca for my Spin to Knit partner. I haven't heard from my upstream person yet, but hopefully he or she is reading the blog...not that it's been that interesting lately. I also received "Victorian Lace Today" and "Knit Two Together", two books that I absolutely lusted after and am reading with great enjoyment. Cashmere sweater, etc. A very nice Christmas all around!

Next week it's off to the in-laws for a couple of days and the sweater unveiling for the recipient. Kids will open more and be sad that their cousins are back to school a week before they are.

Hope you're all having fun with new toys and getting a little relax in before it all starts up again. The New Year for me will be getting my girls ready to bridge to Junior scouts, planning the Fair project, working a lot, but hopefully having fun with DH's best friend staying with us for a while.

Be safe!

4 Comments:

Blogger chipper said...

sounds like your having a great vacation! I signed up for spin to knit secret pal too. I have good ideas for my partner but haven't heard from my secret pal yet either. Enjoy your trip!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Jumbo plying head!!!!
SO.MUCH.FUN!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

Hooray, you finished the endless sweater! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see a modeled picture of it on the man! You are a very good daughter in law! I can't even imagine such a large project!

New Years... does this mean I have to make resolutions? It takes most of my energy just to remember to write the new year on stuff! 200SEVEN.

Is a swift the thing that will make it easier to make twisted yarn into balls? No more spaghetti messes on the floor? I hope so because I have 3 (well actually six) twists of Sock hop yarn that need balling. I hope to make my mom help me before I go but she has been at work all week.

miss you! xo

5:37 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Yes, Joy, the swift will help us NEVER have that tangled mess again, yay!!

Sweater looks great, but I have boxed it up for giving. Will take a photo on the model when I give it (nervously).

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf