Saturday, January 27, 2007

S2K yarn has left the building

I mailed off my (sadly unphotographed) S2K yarn yesterday afternoon and it should arrive in Syracuse on Monday, yay!

It was 94 yards of Superwash Merino in bulky weight 2-ply, spun from the end of the roving, Crown Mountain Farms American Pie colorway. I meant to make yarn for a pair of Fetching Mitts and I think I managed it. I would have liked them, anyway!

It does not compare, however, to the yarn I received (see yesterday's entry) so I will have to work harder next month. My pal likes alpaca so I plan to dye and spin some baby alpace that I've had in the stash for a year or so. It's very soft and a sample I spun was just luscious. The only hard part is blocking out time to dye!

I meant to spin this week, but it didn't happen. I feel like I'm still recovering from trip/birthday party/houseguest. I guess I am, though, since I'm still unpacking suitcases!! This weel I will be trying to appreciate down time (and make more), rather than just sitting down and vegging out.

A lot of this week has been eaten up by reading the liveblogging of the Libby trial, however, which is FASCINATING, if you're into that kind of thing. Fitz gets closer and closer to Cheney, Ari Fleisher is testifying on Monday, Tim Russert was outed as a tool for the administration, Libby can't use the "memory defense" unless he testifies himself, and best of all, Jane Hamsher is recovering very nicely from her cancer surgery.

Progress on silk/alpaca mitts for church, progress on Twisted Knitters socks, I will spin up some of the Merino/Tencel this week for socks (while the alpaca is drying?).

Sorry still no photos. Blech! Thanks again, Secret Pal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf