Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year's Eve!

Sweater done, packed up. Needs giftwrap.

Poncho half done. DD announced (tearfully) that she really wanted to do the whole thing herself. Poncho partly ripped out and restarted by DD. Hope she sticks with it, but I did NOT get upset that she wanted to rip out what I did the night before.

Star Wars hat is to the middle of the R2-D2/Imperial helmet part. First time doing three colors in one row, not too much fun, but okay.

But in exciting news, I have started the second Crown Mountain experiment sock and it is progressing nicely. When I get halfway through the foot, I will take the first progress photos.

I'm madly reading "Victorian Lace Today" and giving up, at least mentally, my hatred of lace knitting. These patterns are SO lovely! I will have to get better needles and use something I really love, but I will knit some lace this year. And socks. And Rogue. And Fetching Mitts. And a new Wallaby for the DS. But mostly whatever I feel like. I shall NOT be monogamous, I shall NOT feel guilty about switching from project to project and I WILL try to spin an hour every day. So there!

Have a happy new year and BE SAFE!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoppy Ewe Ear!!
(er, happy new year!!!)
To you and yours!!!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Good for you. Monogomy in knitting is way overrated. Happy New Year to you and yours.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy New Year! I like your "resolutions." (Not to be monogomous, te hee hee!) Very cute.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

I wish you a very happy new year!

I am never monagamous, knitterlywise. BUT... I am on restriction until I finish Jilly's sox. I am finally... FINALLY on the heel flap...


The mitts in Interweave are calling my name... white or pink? hmmmmm... That's next. I need them for those chilly mornings on the way to school... better hurry while they last!

I can't WAIT to see the star wars hat. Good for miss M... make that poncho girl! Maybe she and my S. can have a knit-in... S has a hat for papa that needs work.!

happy 2007!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Resolutions are for people who lack character to begin with. Minor faults are merely something we should try to improve and knitting multiple items at once should be heralded as multitasking. In other words, I didn't make any resolutions and I'm a knitting whore when it comes to monogamy. But sssshh, don't say anything, I have a pair of very insecure and jealous socks.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf