Monday, February 12, 2007

UPDATED!!! I may very well literally fall over

UPDATE: I was wrong!! The chocolate covered almonds were the camera!! Thank goodness DH opened it up to have some. We could easily have waited a while!!

So ikkinlala, you are our winner! Leave your email in the comments and I will get in touch with you for your snail mail address so I can get your prize out to you RIGHT AFTER I TAKE A PICTURE OF IT!!!

Today we received a lovely, large, heavy package from the in-laws. It was filled with birthday gifts, Christmas gifts we hadn't even seen, my gorgeous boxed set of the Complete Far Side, peanuts and chocolate covered almonds.

And no camera.

I am remaining in a state of gratitude. But apologies go out to ikkinlala who guessed today and whom I almost informed of her good fortune.

However, today was the last day anyone guessed. I will put all of your names into a hat!

In Rogue news, I spent over an hour yesterday picking up (over and over again) the stitches for the hood. I couldn't get the right count for ever so long. And then I still had one extra stitch on the holder on one side. So I fudged it. Yes, I did. I'm not sorry (unless it looks crappy, and then I will rip it out and do it over again). Progress will be made tonight during "24" and "Studio 60."

Oh, and if anyone remembers that I was upset a few days back, I'm feeling loads better and have decided to forgive. The benefit of the doubt has been lost forever by this individual and vague answers will not be tolerated in the future. But I think it has gone on long enough (for me). I cannot let unkind and thoughtless people steal my joy and that's that.

Have a lovely!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the camera. :(

If I may, I'll give you me picking up stitches tip. I pick up everywhere it looks like I need a stitch to avoid a hole paying no attention to the actual number (until I'm done). Then I determine where I need to decrease to get to the number I need. I rarely have less than I need. You will never notice a k2tog here and there.

The benefits: No annoying counting and thinking while picking stitches which annoying enough already. No holes between picked up stitches, yielding a clean pick-up edge.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Maybe you should hold a new contest titled, "Where is my camera?" When you do get it back there might be all kinds of strange pictures on it... pictures of exotic places and new and different yarn stores. Then again, it might just be no place more exciting than a junk drawer with rubber bands and half-used batteries.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

What I don't know is were they trying to protect it or trying to fake me out with the can of almonds...but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Especially since everyone in the family got something SUPER FUN in the box, not just me!

We are now replete with Gameboys, books of comics/comic books, and Pirates of the Caribbean paraphernalia! Thanks, East Coast Clan!!!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Oh, and Maia, I will remember your tip. I did in fact do an extra decrease to get rid of that stitch and it should disappear into a purl valley easily. If I end up taking it out, I will take your advice. I started doing toe-up socks just to avoid picking up stitches for gussets but have given up avoiding things. Mostly I didn't want to have to have a crochet hook with me (back in the day when I needed one).

7:31 AM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

I was pleasantly surprised by your e-mail before I read the blog this morning, so I don't guess there's any point in leaving my e-mail address here now.

I think they were trying to fake you out - it makes for a funnier story that way! Sounds like it was worth the wait, though.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf