Friday, February 02, 2007

[UPDATED] Update of sorts and CONTEST!!

No photos. Grr.

I finished the experiment socks yesterday and wore them last night, unwashed, unblocked, just had to put them on. They don't look as wild on the feet as they do off.

I cast on for socks with my S2K yarn. It is very fine at this point in the skein and I'm knitting on 0's, which is fine. I'll probably do Feather and Fan socks out of this yarn. Don't know why I'm doing toe up except then I don't have to worry about gauge for my stitch count; there's plenty of yarn (440+ yards!).

Also gifted my lacey mitts to J. Hope you were warm last night! I kind of planned to, but wanted to see if she liked them at all first. She seemed touched, I was pleased.

Now on to finish the black silk/alpaca mitts, work on the blue socks and...drum roll, please...Rogue.

I have a serious yen to be working on something larger, something cozy. This happens after a lot of socks go by. But that sweater is 2/3 done or so. If I buckle down, I could wear it by...CONTEST!!!

I will send sock yarn to the first person who guesses the correct date that I finish Rogue. Right now, she is at the bottom of the placket but I haven't done any sleeves. I would post a photo but AAARRRGGGHHH!

Give me some motivation! Help me shrink the stash!

Have a lovely day!

UPDATE: Based on Maia's suggestion in the comments, I offer MORE sock yarn to whomever can guess correctly when my camera will arrive!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hideously slow, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're much faster than me. How about March 20? Is that enough time that you won't feel real pressed?

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about February 19th?!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot even hazard a guess - but I hope you get her done soon!
I'm excited to see the socks! May your camera arrive soon...

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing March 5th.

What about a second contest for when your camera will arrive? Too much like tempting fate?

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am going to be an optimist and say that your camera will arrive on tomorrow! Whoot!!! What, am I celebrating prematurely?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

sleeves... factoring in piano lessons, other knitting, spinning, thinking day and girl scouting in general, and the italian man sitting on your couch... I have to say... ummm... March 15th. The ides of march.

You gave J. the black lace mitts? I just went out and purchased a ball of black alpaca to make her mitts. Well, I guess I will make them for myself or something. I'm still in the midst of her xmas sox... I have lost sock interest and am sortof on a soduku kick right now, I knit David an 'insta-hat' for his trip to Dallas the other day but otherwise I am not knitting much so it's probably better that J actually has mitts in the season when she might need them.

I can come and photograph anything you want, just let me know... I might even be able to find my tiny camera to lend you.

xo,
Joy

10:11 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Joy, Oooh, if I can upload to my computer I will try to take you up on that!

No, though, I didn't give her the black ones (not finished yet). I made some other simpler lace ones out of some green/brown/burgundy handspun to go with my choir robe and gave her those. The black ones are for ME, ME, ME!!

I worked on the sweater today to the tune of about three rows, woo-hoo!

I won't state my goal date, but no one has picked it yet!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Owwww....
Camera 15th February
Finish knit on 1st March. ;-)
Judy

12:44 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Sweater finish date March 3. Camera arrival February 9.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK, let's say Rogue by March 5, and the camera by Feb 8.

4:59 PM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

I'm guessing the sweater will be finished March 6th, and the camera will arrive February 12th, although I hope the camera arrives sooner.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

March 2, 2007 will herald the completion of Rogue.

I'm so glad to have found you again! Back in early January I lost my entire blogroll. I became so angry that I moved to www.heideho.wordpress.com. Anyway, I tried to recreate my previous blogroll from memory and I've failed miserably. I've tracked down several people each week and each time it seems like a missing part has been restored! Hope you and your family are all well.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

March 10 for finishing Rogue, and February 7 for the camera coming (although I hope sooner!).

9:02 AM  
Blogger SheepsPyjamas said...

March 4th for Rogue (only a'cause March 2nd was already taken) and February 10th for the camera (as the 8th was also taken)... Sorry if this posts twice, I'm not sure if the first try got through or not... Is it a good sign that my word verification on this try starts with "lys", or do you suppose it's simply a hint?

12:40 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm gonna guess February 26 for Rogue, and February 9 for the camera. Hopefully sooner for the camera, though.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf