Saturday, February 10, 2007

No Camera So Far

DH is speculating on asking my FIL to check on when it might be mailed...I feel bad asking about it because my SIL's father is very ill and I don't want to add to her burden of worry plus driving plus busy busy teenage sons, etc.

I have bound off all shoulders on Rogue. I even sewed up one shoulder seam last night and put it on as is. But I undid the seam as it looked like CRAP. I will try again today. Then it seems I am on to the hood. Now if only I knew where the rest of the yarn is...I'm assuming it's in the sweater yarn bin in the garage but haven't been able to go out there since I banished the houseguest from the living room. Which is a good thing. He's very lovely and unassuming, difficult to irritate. But ubiquitous. If you have children, you know how difficult it is to get any time where you are truly ALONE. No one sleeping in another room, even. Just ALONE. Enter houseguest. Sets up office in living room. Oh, dearie me. Anyway, I think that phase has ended.

I have spun the yarn for my S2K pal for February. Dyed some baby alpaca roving in blue, purple, dull magenta and it is heaven! So soft, so silky! I hope she likes it! I'm also going to send along some Spunky Eclectic roving that is pretty much my least favorite colorway (no fault of Amie's). But it fits in with her colors. I am still in my orange phase, it seems, and bought a bunch of orange and red yarns at Unwind's sale last weekend.

Now, a question. I have 500 yards of Montera in purple, 127 yards of Montera in dark green, 3 skeins of Silk Garden in a colorway that will go with the purple, and 400 yards of Cascada Pastaza (same fiber content as the Montera) in bright orange. I am rather obsessing trying to find a pattern that will make something nice with the purple and the Silk Garden and just don't seem to have enough yarn for anything. I know lots of patterns that will make smaller things, but is there such a thing as a sweater out of 800 yards of some striping, some solid yarns for a 36 inch bust? What is the deal with all shrug patterns taking so much yarn? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Have a lovely weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" book has the Hourglass Sweater pattern that was about 900-1000 yards for that size - it has long bell sleeves, if you made them fitted 3/4 length perhaps it could work... I'd make a really cool scarf and mitten set myself.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

If I lived where scarves and mittens would get worn, I would, too. I've been overdosing on fingerless gloves as it is!

My lovely mother sent me one more skein of the purple Montera so I'm going to try the Streakers Shrug from Spring '06 IK in the purple and save the Silk Garden for something else, the yoke of a cardigan probably.

The green might become the stripes on Sally Melville's Classic College Cardigan, but I don't know when!

The orange, well, that will make it into something, somewhere, not to worry. Hat? Felted cloche? Hmmm....need more time to knit.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Sounds like your leftovers would make a wonderful striped Booga Bag or other felted purse.
Good luck on the alone time, I'm going crazy here and we have a total of 6 little girls at our house today. Aaack!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf