Monday, February 19, 2007

More FO's!

I am trying not to post a rant (already written) about my church choir director, quite long, probably only interesting to ME. So instead...

More finished knits!

If you were following the progress on the sweater for my DFIL, it was finished in time. It is too big, but I knew it would be about 2/3 of the way through. At that point it was too late to start over (my swatch LIED!) and so it has a LOT of ease. He has, however, worn it and is probably wearing it more now, as it was too warm for January in PA but now real winter has come.



Pattern: Watch Hill Button Down, Knitting the New Classics, designed by Cathy Payson
Yarn: Plymouth Encore in Sage
Started: September 1, 2006, finished December 28, 2006

My FIL gave me the pattern book so it was a little nicer because of that.

Next FO is my second pair of Harlequin Felted Slippers by Dawn Brocco from Heels and Toes Gazette (now sadly defunct, but I think you can purchase back issues). I really enjoyed this publication, although I think she ran out of time a couple of issues before she stopped as the patterns did not appeal to me there at the end.



My first pair of these was out of my own handspun, roving dyed by Interlacements, but they wore out. This pair is from Noro Kureyon that I got in a blogger's destashing. She also sent some other yarn that will make it out of the stash for a vest someday, but these colors were too happy not to knit up right away.

And finally, another picture of the Crown Mountain Farms experiment socks on actual feet. I love these more and more! They are happy, colorful and cushy. I hope they don't wear out right away, but purposely made them easy to reheel and toe.



In spinning news, I will be teaching Beginning Spindling at my LYS,
Unwind here in Burbank on March 25 and April 1. Let me know if you'd like to attend! It's two, two hour sessions; they supply the spindles and wool. I will also give students a chance to try out my Lendrum folding wheel. I'm very excited about this! Wish me luck!

And have a lovely day!

3 Comments:

Blogger chipper said...

I would love to be able to take your class, but the trip from Wisconsin might be a bit far :) Best wishes for a GREAT class! You'll be wonderful!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I am especially impressed with the socks. I have yet to knit socks from my own handspun and I consider it a wonderful accomplishment. Your socks could model in the Twisted Sisters book!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Joyfossil said...

Well, I can take the class so if the calendar is open, I will! Remember I am not a good spinner... so I might ruin the curve.

I love the felted booties. I think I bought that very same yarn recently but mine is destined for a twisty scarf.

The socks are a joy! I love em. I'd wear em!

(Guess what... I finally finished J.'s Christmas sox. Yayyyy! I started them in SEPTEMBER...about time! They are lovely tho!)

Love,
Joy

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf