Friday, August 10, 2007

August 10, 2007

Today we mostly stayed home. Windows were being washed all over the house and we didn't want to leave them home alone. Kids seemed very tired, though, a good day to veg out.


Tomorrow we will go to the historial Allaire Village in the early part of the day and then to the beach in the afternoon. I will take pictures!


Meanwhile, I uploaded a few photos but haven't figured out how to get rid of red eye in Paintshop yet so you get knitting.


First Bellatrix sock is finished, second is almost to the heel. I did my regular PGR heel rather than the one in the pattern, again. This is a nice mindless knit, although too big for the foot at 60 stitches in this yarn. Decreased to 54 after 4 repeats.
Second pair of Monkey socks is finished also. Wearing them today as it is rather chilly and wet. Might make still more of these as I have it firmly in my head now. I brought some more cotton blend sock yarn with me, just in case!
Finished the Lantern Festival yarn and started a sock toe. Completely forgot I was going to knit Pomatomus with this! But on 1's it's too flimsy a fabric for my taste. The yarn didn't really bloom at all. So off to the frog pond I go and a shopping trip for some more 0's is in order. Pomatomus is knitted with 2's, I can't believe it, but the tops will be fine regardless, I guess.
Will finish off with a picture of DS's birthday party in PA. He had a great time!
Thanks to the family for going to so much trouble and for getting him gifts that made him so happy!!
More later!
Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

I love the yarn which was destined to be Pomatomus. The colors are simply wonderful. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and happy belated birthday to your son.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf