Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sock Madness II Begins!!!!

Here is a picture of my Round 1 yarn, although too bright. It's a very deep cobalt blue with black and green every so often peeking out. Supposed to be "scary": jitterbug

Yes, yes, I'm going on retreat tomorrow and madly knitting socks at the same time. At least I'm not driving! I should have a decent amount of knitting time today, although I do have some other stuff going on. The winners of this thing can put everything down and just knit for as long as it takes. My goal is to make it to Round 3 this year. Just to it, not through it. Wish me luck!

Last weekend, I got to go on a field trip with DS on our own as DD was having a fever day on Sunday and we had a lovely time at the Skirball Cultural Center: DS at Skirball

This is DS manipulating a giant giraffe's head way up at the ceiling. He had a great time and we had a very nice day.

And last but not least, my new sock blockers arrived, custom made by Leggy Creations at Etsy. sock blocker They are perfect! The photo does not do them justice, as the wallpaper is sort of iridescent. I cannot recommend this seller more. She was very responsive, very forthcoming with progress, even pictures, and the product is just what I wanted.

I won't be blogging much as I will be knitting (see above) as fast as possible and then away for 24 whole hours (you wouldn't believe the logistical difficulties of being away THAT LONG during boothing and all). I hope to post a progress photo when I return on Saturday. Best of luck to all my fellow participants!

And Geraldine Ferraro, STFU. Thanks.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Gorgeous sock blockers! Have a great time at the retreat.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf