Monday, June 12, 2006

The last week of school

I'm finished with the orange yarn, waiting for it to dry.



I have a terrible case of Startitis this week!! What is the deal? I want to make a felted bag so bad I can taste it! [Started it. Had to have something to knit at the dinner last night/babysitting today, right?]

I did start Rogue. I'm right at the bottom of the kangaroo pouch now. I am realizing that I LOVE cables (especially celtic cables, like Elsabeth Lavold). What I realized earlier was I don't so much love lace knitting. Love the look, wish I had the shawls. But color and texture are more my thing. Especially color. I am really enjoying Rogue so far and she is moving right along. Should finish the kangaroo pouch today as DS has his school enrollment pediatrician appointment this morning and he's always running late.

Today I succombed and bought Elsebeth Lavold's The Viking Collection because I saw a sleeve on Heide's blog and HAD to have the cardigans. All of them. For me, me, me! Someday... I am totally besotted with these cables.

But let us have a moment of silence for the end of school. The 2 hours and forty five minutes of free time that we had three days a week goes bye-bye on Thursday. Will DH step up to the plate? Probably. But it will be all kids all the time most of the time for the next couple of months. I know there are lots of you out there. We love them, we really do. But I myself am more likely to be a patient and thoughtful mother if I don't have to have them the whole day. You know how it is.

But I'm going to stop anticipating the difficulties and start anticipating the fun! Swimming lessons, crafts camp, girl scout camp, vacation bible school, trip back east to see grandma, all fun, and then 2nd grade and kindergarten begins, woo hoo!!

Have a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

What yarn are you using for Rogue? I've got that. I bought a bunch of merino style (knitpicks) for it but realized that I *hated* the fabric as soon as I began swatching it. I'll never wear it. I want something a little drapier and soft that will still hold the cables. Are you knitting the pullover or the cardi?

8:03 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I'm using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, which I used for my daughter's Wallaby last year and really like when it's washed up. Merino Style might be too thin at DK weight for the gauge. I'm doing the pullover, although I am more of a cardigan person. I figure it doesn't matter that much witha hoodie, it'll get worn either way. I'll post a progress photo today if I can. The cables are coming out really nice. Thanks for stopping by!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf