Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Not too bad!

In case you're wondering, we are in no fire danger of any sort. But they are not letting the kids exercise outside due to terrible air quality. DS's field trip to a farm WAY too close to 2 fires was cancelled (after they drove up) but it was rather a relief. We are praying for all of the evacuated and the displaced and hoping to find someone to take some clothes and toys.

PROJECT UPDATE: Okay, I haven't actually worked on the project yet. But I have already spun for about 2 hours today. Evidence: celebration singles 2

1st 2 ounces of Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club Shetland in Celebration done.

Next up (in the quest to empty some bobbins): DS green singles cake

Finished and wound off the singles of the BFL dyed by DS a long time ago. Will be socks for him eventually, although I might cable the yarn to fatten it up. Then again, kid socks, even on 1's, just don't take that long. Oh, BTW, he loves green. Can you tell?

DD had a playdate last week. I let them have the camera:

DD playdate friend

And DS's self portrait: DS by DS

They had lots of fun!

Mom, don't read this part.











Arwen is progressing apace: arwen front 1

Back finished, Left front at about 6 inches. Still hoping I have enough yarn. I will know by the end of this piece and then can order more if necessary. Loving the Andean silk. It is very soft and pleasant to handle. I wouldn't mind one of these for myself...

Stay safe.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Yikes! I need to get cracking on my Arwen! Glad to hear that you and your family are in no immediate danger from the fires. What a horrible mess. I hope the insurance companies, etc. don't try and screw those people over (flashbacks to Katrina). What kind of wheel to you use? I'm beginning to become very dissatisfied with my Louet because it is nigh on impossible to spin fine yarns with.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf