Tuesday, January 29, 2008

She likes me, she really likes me!

Heide has kindly given me a blog award and I am SO dorkily excited about it!

However, just in case someone comes over here, I figured I'd better have a real blog post, eh?

Have been experimenting with new video camera which also takes still pictures. It's great and will be wonderful to carry one camera, small and lovely, rather than two when great dpi is not needful. But the still cam is still better for stills, who would have guessed it! Same thing in reverse, of course. I wanted the new video camera because I was taking lame videos with the still camera, which is not its best feature. So now I am replete with fabulous equipment, thanks D!! I also finally figured out why the screen on the still cam didn't come on in regular mode and turned it back on, yay!

Anyway, some okay pictures and some better ones:

Imogen progresses apace and may very well be finished...are you ready?...Today!

I have enjoyed this pattern and am hopeful that the sweater will be warm, squishy and worn a lot. It would also be a great pattern for handspun (hmmm....) singles yarn.

Of course, I needed something mindless for Family Game Night on Sunday (but I didn't end up taking my knitting out at all) so I cast on for the Gentleman's Fancy Sock in Trekking that I got in a trade on Ravelry:


I only cast on 64 (the pattern is 80 stitches for a men's size 9) and it might be too small but it was an emergency. Might go away. And anyway I NEED to be knitting with handspun. I shall get Pomotamus out again and now that I'm not sick to death or practicing for my recital I need to get on the stick about dyeing for the Fair sweater.

I will finish this blog post with some (but by no means all) of my favorite children:



DS's first experience of paintball with the cousins. They weren't allowed to shoot at him and he had something like 6 BB's to work with. But he had a good time.



J's younger daughter G at her birthday party at American Girl. Which led to another trip there for DD to purchase her own doll, very successful. Happy birthday, G!

And finally, DD and her friend B (who has moved away, so sad) at DD's birthday party at Club Libby Lu. They have been made over into Hannah Montana! And Daddy had to take them, LOL!!!



I was basically too sick to stand up for that long.

Next up, the felted slippers that turned out like giant paws (but I'm wearing them anyway)!

So that's a bit of an update. Soon with the dyeing, the modeled sweater, the plying, the John Edwards yard sign. Hope you're having a great day! Bye-bye, Rudy, it's been fun!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

I love the shade of blue in your sweater. My youngest daughter absolutely adores Hannah Montana, but securing a ticket for the show in Portland was never even a possibility. You daughter and her friend look very cool! Paintball scares me, but I'm glad your son enjoyed it. Glad to see you back in the blogosphere!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Your kiddies are adorable! And I love how the Imogen is coming along. What an amazing color. One of my favorites.

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! Right now, Ben is going to preschool for about 3 hours a day, 3 days a week, but it only ends up being less than 1.5 hours after all the driving time to and from school. I actually miss having him come with me on my usual errands (he's such a good boy) and it's not really enough time for me to work more, so I'd rather have the little guy home with me. I know...I'm holding on to my baby!

Have a great week! Gina ; )

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf