Saturday, March 29, 2008

Torment...thy name is...

Sock Madness!!

I cannot wait until the next pattern is released!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, I swatch for Bettna, I spin merino/silk, I finish up the aviator hat, I think about knitting Pomatomus but almost always decide it takes too much thought. I was put off the last time I took it out by the fact that I got through almost a whole repeat, realized I had made a mistake and because it is impossible (for me) to rip it out a little at a time, had to rip all the way back to the ribbing. Otherwise known as everything I had knit that evening. Ho hum.

I love the pattern when I can do it. But I have redone several sections several times.

Here is a not-color-true picture of the Bettna swatch: bettna swatch 2 I added red but now the whole thing is too red. I can't get it with the still function on the video camera. New batteries should solve this problem tomorrow.

I have used four yarns so far and am having trouble working in the purple yarn, but it will come even if it's just an occasional accent color.

I finished the sunset singles a few minutes ago: sunset singles 2 That yarn should help with the purple problem. The singles will sit till tomorrow to have a temporary set for plying.

Sang at a funeral this afternoon on very short notice but it went well, despite my inability to count to four consistently. Good accompanists are a treasure! I might get more chances at that church, too, as they don't really have a singing staff and have some mid-week events that need soloists. That would be nice! Super nice part is I didn't do any typing work this weekend but I still got paid. And it was a lovely service. Thanks to whoever at my church recommended me (I'll find out tomorrow).

We've had a nice relaxing Spring Break overall. Didn't do a lot, but we (I) really needed a break after the last two weeks. Had a nice playdate on Friday, went out for bagels a couple of times, spent a lot of time on scooters outside.

Nothing terrible coming up, for once. No more Lenten prayer group, so Tuesday can be spent staring at the computer waiting for the sock pattern (oh, please be in the morning!). Just regular Wednesday, Thursday, Friday stuff. Choir retreat Saturday morning, Girl Scout meeting on Saturday afternoon, but boothing is over. Ideally, I'll be able to knit a lot Tuesday through Friday and finish by Friday night. I might have to do some typing for the writer, but that's okay. A lot of the competitors are saying they're busy till the end of the week, so not everyone will just hunker down and do them with no breaks.

My goal is only to get to Round 3 so wish me luck! I'll be knitting my own handspun yarn: magic carpet 2 ply 1 which really floats my boat!

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

I can't wait for Sock Madness either!!! I am feeling incredibly impatient this time. Oh well- but hey- WHY oh why did you have to mention bagels! Man, I swear I can now smell fresh bagels and they are just NOT available here. Major bummer. Must be lunchtime...

2:06 AM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

Your yarn is lovely!

12:52 PM  
Blogger jessie said...

There is nothing as awesome as knitting with your own handspun. I love it.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf