Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Goal Achieved!

I made it to Round 3!! Not without difficulty, but I made it.

sock madness II, Round 2 done

Pattern: Reversai, Sock Madness II, Round 2
Yarn: My handspun from Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino
Colorway: Magic Carpet Ride
Weight: Light fingering
Needles: US1

Started 8:30 a.m. Monday March 31, finished 11:55 p.m. Wednesday, April 2.

Whew!

I certainly wouldn't have said I could knit a whole pair on 72 stitches in three days, but there you go. However, I will NEVER knit a garter stich sole again by choice. Purling that much on double points is not my cup of tea.

I don't think I'll be so anxious for the start of Round 3, though. I could use a break and they won't be as long now that the number of finishers is smaller. I just hope this time they really give us the start day. Releasing the pattern a day earlier than expected threw me off my schedule and got me in a little trouble.

It was really nice to be knitting in my handspun. I'm going to try to continue using my own (and Loribird's!) yarns till I get eliminated. Of course, that's probably only one more pair.

Hope all is well with everyone out there!

Peace.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

You're an over-achiever. Knitting under pressure. Sheesh. I'm pulling for you, but you will not see me try this kind of crazy.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

(another Cindy!)

Those look great and wow- on using your own yarn!!!!

See you in Round 3 ;)

9:29 PM  
Blogger tweezle said...

Congrats on making it to the next round. Your socks are lovely!! There was way too much purling on this sock - especially doing it with a time constraint. PHEW!!

I, too, am looking at being knocked out the next round, but it sure is fun, eh? :)

Go Tennessee!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Lovely sockage! I wouldn't have even made it through round one of this endeavor without cowering in the corner and sucking my thumb with one unfinished sock on the needles. Go Wendy!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Heide, that wasn't far from the truth!

Cindy, I don't think I'll make it any further, but at least I'll have three new pairs of socks (plus the one I finished right before it started) in the sock drawer, which will make me smile.

Cindy/Snid and Tweezle, congratulations for making it this far!!! And here's to less stress at home in Round 3.

6:55 PM  
Blogger jessie said...

Congratulations! I love the idea that it's possible to make socks in a hurry, since I'm still figuring out how to finish a pair in a month. All it takes is a little concentration.

But not too much purling, if possible. That part earns you extra credit.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Yes, I think the real reward for Sock Madness is really knowing you can have a new pair in a few days if you truly buckle down. It's so easy (for me) to let them languish and then just pine for a new pair. Last year at one point I listed all my unfinished ones and I could have had loads of new socks with just a bit of effort. Managed to finish some of them and frog others. Still a few pending...

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf