Thursday, July 20, 2006

I have an idea and THE SOCKS ARE DONE!!

Maybe they will (a la Top Chef), when they kick someone off for behaving badly, which we know they're going to do from the promos, have Malan come back and continue on. Otherwise, this whole season I will be sad, I think.

However, I HAVE FINISHED THE SOCKS!! They are wet and drying outside in the dark so I don't have a good picture, but here is a bad one:



They have washed up nicely and will do just fine, I think. I don't care if I win anything this year, I just wanted to do something more difficult. And they were. I would knit this pattern again, Bazaar Socks by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts (with a little variation, intentional and un-) but would spin the yarns thinner still than I did.

All of these yarns were fun to dye, card and spin. And I have plenty left over except for dark blue and gray. Maybe I will do some stripey blocks in the blankie to represent these socks. Or maybe just solid colors. I do love the orange, the green and the red-violet.

Anyway, I'll have a good photo tomorrow. And on to something else...

Just for your viewing pleasure, my DS as a pirate.




McDonald's is giving away Pirates of the Caribbean toys these days and the Happy Meal box has a punch out eye patch and earring. Yes, I let them go to McDonald's. No, not very often. Today was especially rushed between swimming lessons and camp. Tomorrow I will take DD to camp and then spend (I hope) a goodly while getting to know Star and yarn crawling. DH is home to watch DS!!

Have a great evening!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joyfossil said...

What is Star and Yarn Crawling? Did you get another cat?

Cute picture of the boy! He's a cutie. I hope I didn't offend him too much when I wouldn't give him a new crane - those cranes are part of my 1000 crane project - normally I would have made new ones for the 'event' but I didn't have time and Sarah begged...

I took Advanced CPR today. I am really bad at it so don't anybody pass out near me!

Your socks are be-YOU-ti-ful! Who will get to wear them? You? I am sure you will win a prize - they are so complicated and pretty and fancy! You definately did an excellent job!

I am still slowly working on the heel flap of sock #2. I have been so tired at the pool - it's so bright and hot that I can't keep my eyes open and I fall asleep on my blanket and wake up all hot and sweaty. I'll get it done! I am looking forward to having two finished socks to put on Sarah's footsies!

See you Friday!
xo,
Your sock pupil
Joy

11:32 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Star is a new internet friend. She was going to enter some yarn in the Fair but missed the deadline for mailing so I am taking her entries for her next week. We are getting together for coffee and a trip to La Knitterie Parisienne (and maybe Stitch Cafe) Friday afternoon and for her to give me her yarns. I love meeting knitters and spinners! And making new friends. Am I a Girl Scout or what?

No offense from Liam. Thanks for giving him a crane at all! It is extremely unusual for him to want anything other than green. I would have warned him that was "it" if I had realized he could possibly change his mind.

I need to recertify this year in CPR and first aid, I think. Or is CPR every year? I can't remember. But I'd better do it.

THanks for the compliments. I might bring them to the pool to show off, but only if they're dry. Must keep them clean and perfect now till they go to Pomona.

Later!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Fabulous socks dahling! I hope the judges know that you spun and dyed the yarn as well as knitted the socks. These truly are your creation and you should be very proud. Stay cool today and have a great weekend.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I don't know if the judges care or not, but be sure I will tell them! I also bought some of the wool at last year's Fleece Auction (in the orange and in the gold, as well as the gray).

Thanks for the compliments! I am actually very pleased at their final appearance. The washing did them a world of good.

Have a lovely!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
Knitting Wendys
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf